Terms of Service
By using the Jpegify.com web site, Jpegify API (Application Programming Interface - "API") or any applications
or services (together, the "Service"), of Jpegify.com ("Jpegify", "we", "our" or "us"), you are agreeing to be
bound by the following terms of service ("Terms of Service"). These Terms of Service affect your legal rights
and obligations. If you do not agree to be bound by all of these Terms of Service, do not access or use the Service.
You expressly understand and agree that Jpegify.com shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special,
consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use,
data or other intangible losses (even if Jpegify.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting
from your use of the Service or third-party products that access data via the Service.
A. Account Terms
- You must be at least 13 years old to use the Service.
- You must be a human and you must not create Accounts with the Service through unauthorized means,
including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service,
violate any laws, rules and regulations in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or
B. Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis or on a yearly basis and is non-refundable
- You may upgrade or downgrade in plan level at any time.
- Upgrade in plan level will occur immediately. Downgrade in plan level will occur at subscription renewal.
- For changes in plan level we will:
If the charge is greater than the credit (plus the user’s current balance), you will be charged the difference.
If the credit is greater than the charge, then you will have a credit on your Account that will be applied to
their next renewal charge.
- Prorate the remaining time on the existing plan and issue a credit,
- Prorate the new plan until the current billing cycle's end date and charge that amount.
- Any outstanding charges for overage usage which did not appear on your last bill will be added to the next bill.
- There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months
unused with an open Account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All of your Billing Data and all uploaded Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect
immediately and you will not be charged again.
- If you cancel your account you will be billed for any overage usage you had in a current paid up month.
D. Developer Plan
- The Developer Plan is completely free. No credit card is required to sign up for the Developer Plan.
- The purpose of our Developer Plan is to facilitate integration of Jpegify API without the customer
incurring any costs during integration. Images uploaded to Jpegify servers using the Developer plan will
not be optimized, however, the server will respond with realistic sample responses which are reasonably
representative of genuine API responses such that integration can be fully realized using the Developer Plan.
- Once the customer upgrades from the Developer Plan to one of the Jpegify paid plans, the customer
will be billed immediately at the time of upgrade.
E. Cloud Storage
- Cloud storage backup only applies to images optimized using Web Interface of PRO Image Optimizer. Images optimized using
direct programmatic calls to the Jpegify API are not stored in your Jpegify account, as they are with
Web Interface of PRO Image Optimizer.
- Images stored in the cloud through Web Interface of PRO Image Optimizer can only be accessed via your Jpegify account.
That means hotlinking the images will not work. Web Interface of PRO Image Optimizer’s cloud storage is
not a substitute for a CDN, but rather a system for keeping all your optimized files safe, in one place,
and accessible from any location for a limited time.
F. Referral Program
- We will add a 100MB quota increase for every customer that signs up for a paid account via your referral link
G. General Conditions
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- You understand that Jpegify.com uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware,
software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to
falsely imply that it is associated with the Service.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service,
including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other content of a destructive or
disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any
Jpegify.com page is rendered or displayed in a user's browser or device.
- You may not upload violent or discriminatory content, or content which is in any way unlawful, infringing,
or hateful, to and/or via the Service.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in
our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable or
violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.